September 14, 2009

i've had the time of my life

Just saw on imdb that Patrick Swayze died today. Unlike many girls in my generation, I wasn't a Dirty Dancing fan (probably due to the fact that the first and only time I watched it was at a party with my then 11-year-old sister. I spent the majority of the movie with my hands over her eyes!). I did like Swayze, though, and I had a crazy affection for "She's Like The Wind," which he co-wrote and recorded for the Dirty Dancing soundtrack.

One of the things I liked most about Swayze was that he had been married to the same woman since 1975. Thirty-four years--that's practically a millennium in Hollywood time!

Here's a link to the Reuters article.

1 comment:

  1. i was so sad & shocked to hear this yesterday! i also like that song. i heard it on the radio today and couldn't help but tear up.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...