July 30, 2008

girls' night

I met Melissa for supper at Carlos O'Kelly's. We hadn't seen each other in over a month, and we hadn't had a chance to just sit around and talk in . . . well, I don't know how long! It was so nice to catch up with nothing pressing cutting into our time together. (Well, except for the waitress, who came back to make sure we were doing OK six or seven times after we paid our bill!) We finally decided to go back to Melissa's apartment, where we continued chatting until her sister Stacey came home. Then we started talking about my recent fascination with country music, and they played several of their favorite songs for me. And, while a couple of the songs made me cringe (or laugh out loud--Bucky Covington???), I didn't hate it. We laughed, we reminisced, we sang along with the music (not the country . . . at least not me!). It was an amazingly relaxing way to spend the evening!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...