November 8, 2008

not laughing with the laugh track

I just got Sports Night from Netflix. Sports Night is another one of those shows that Andrew and I used to watch together in the basement--only Mom wouldn't have hated this one so much. I was about two minutes into the pilot when I heard it: laughter. At first, I thought there was something wrong with the dvd; then I realized it was a laugh track. I so rarely watch sitcoms anymore (and really, how many "traditional" sitcoms are left?)--the only comedy I regularly watch is The Office, which doesn't have a laugh track--that I'd almost forgotten laugh tracks existed. Frankly, I find the laugh track annoying. Can you imagine if a movie had a laugh track? I'd much rather have silence than hear people "coaching" me on when to laugh.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't remember this show having a laugh track. Then again, I don't know if I ever watched a full episode.
    Yah, laugh tracks are annoying. Even more annoying - being in the audience of a taping and being forced to hysterically laugh at something that's not funny...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...