October 16, 2014

throwback thursday: and here's the proof ...

When I wrote about my love for Faded Glory, my sister commented that she was hoping to see pictures of me from high school wearing Faded Glory clothes--specifically, this plaid shirt that I wore all the time. While I'm always reluctant to look back at "High School Becky," I tried to accommodate her. But I couldn't find any pictures of myself wearing that shirt ... until now.

As part of my job, I go through old school photos to find one to use in each issue of the NC Advance. While looking at photos earlier this week, I found this gem:
Sadly, it's not in color, but you can still see the shirt! This was either freshman or sophomore year, I think. (I'm guessing sophomore year because of the hair.) I loved that shirt ... but not quite as much as I loved this one:
The fact that I'm even posting this deserves major applause. This is me, circa 1995. Yikes. I wore that shirt literally to death. When I finally threw it out, it was completely threadbare. My grandma bought it for me when I was in junior high, I wore it for my freshman school picture, and I wore it for my senior pictures. I can't remember when exactly I got rid of it, but it's very possible my college friends will recognize this shirt, too. It's safe to say that I had not an ounce of fashion sense until my senior year of college ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...