March 20, 2011

flat stanley's nebraska adventures

I'd never heard of Flat Stanley until some of my elementary education friends at Grace started talking about a Flat Stanley project. I didn't give it too much thought until a few weeks ago, when I received a Facebook message from a friend who teaches in Pennsylvania. Her class is doing a Flat Stanley project, and some of her students didn't know anyone outside of Pennsylvania to send Flat Stanley to. I thought it would be fun, so I volunteered.

I received Flat Stanley on Monday. Here's what we did:
We all gathered at Mom's house to watch the finale of The Bachelor, and we made ice cream using the sweet maker Jamie gave Blendy for her birthday. Also, Val threatened to eat Flat Stanley.
Blendy took Flat Stanley to work with her.
On Wednesday, Flat Stanley went to school with me. Here, he's reading Where the Red Fern Grows with my class.
Alice talks with Flat Stanley after class.
Flat Stanley helps Stephany, our office aide, get a mailing ready to be sent.
On Thursday, Mom and I saw Grand Island Northwest's production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. It was absolutely fantastic! Then we went on a shopping spree at Hy-Vee ... I think Stanley enjoyed it :-)

I had a blast with Flat Stanley! He's on his way back to Pennsylvania right now. I would certainly do another Flat Stanley project if the opportunity presented itself!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...