November 17, 2009

month of insanity, day seventeen

Things I've learned in the last seventeen days:
  • Watching my word count meter go up on the NaNoWriMo website is addicting. I have to fight the compulsion to update my word count every five minutes.
  • My dishes won't magically do themselves. Yet I continue to hope they will.
  • Most of my television viewing is extraneous. When I have to decide between watching a TV show or writing, I almost always pick writing ... and I don't miss the TV. I am keeping up with four shows (NCIS, Bones, Fringe, and V), but I'm taping most of them and watching them at odd hours.
  • Facebook is never more attractive than when you're supposed to be doing something else.
  • I really like listening to country music while I write.
  • I actually can function on four or five hours of sleep ... but I don't like to!
  • NaNoWriMo and dieting don't go hand-in-hand. It takes so much less time to grab fast food or a snack than it does to make a healthy meal.
  • When I'm really focused, I can bang out 1,000 words in an hour. The problem is that I'm rarely focused.
  • Fruit snacks are great brain food.
  • I may be the writer, but sometimes I feel like I have little control over my characters. A new one will suddenly appear, one will make a decision I disagree with, another will refuse to die for pages and pages. Writing is an odd exercise.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...