November 6, 2008

the first snow

There's always something magical about the first snow of the season. It was raining when I walked to my car this morning. On my way to work, the rain became snow. As I walked to my classroom, I smiled at the feel of the flakes melting against my face.

One hour later, the wind had begun blowing. Hard. The snow had turned to sleet, and it stung as it whipped into my face. Suddenly, the weather didn't seem so magical anymore. (Especially since I was wearing a light jacket and sandals!)

Now it's windy and cold, but the precipitation has subsided. We've been blessed with amazing weather, even topping 70 degrees a few days ago. But still, I'm not ready for winter.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you should have checked the weather forcast before you dressed this morning. It is interesting reading your blogs.

    UE

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sad thing is, I did hear the weather this morning. I heard a high of 42 and thought, "That's not too bad." Obviously, I'm not so coherent in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I usually look up the weather on the internet if I see it at all, and then I'm thinking "hm... the high isn't so bad." The problem is that I'm leaving my house in the morning when it's still down near the overnight low.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm all about getting use out of sandals for as long as we can before winter hits!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...