August 5, 2008

my daddy loves me

Back in June, I wrote about the need to lower my caffeine consumption. It's been going pretty well. I didn't monitor my caffeine at all when I was in Florida, but most days, I just have one caffeinated pop in the afternoon.

Both of my parents work at my school, and Dad keeps us well supplied with pop. The Monday after I told him I was supposed to cut back on the caffeine, he brought caffeine free pop to work. This morning, I checked the fridge in the office and saw that out of the six cans that fit in the holder four were caffeine free.

It's the little things like that that let me know my dad loves me. He's never been one to be overly affectionate or say "I love you" repeatedly, but I've never doubted his love.

Recently, I've read several stories of people who struggled with the concept of God as Father because their own fathers were so lousy. I'm so thankful that my father is a man who has pointed me toward God, rather than away from Him.

I love you, Daddy.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...