June 25, 2008

summer has arrived

After weeks of wonderfully cool weather, summer has hit. It's 78 degrees at 11:30 p.m., and I feel like I'm slowly cooking in my apartment. Why? Because my air conditioner has decided not to work! When I left for work this morning, closing my windows didn't even cross my mind. When I stepped into my hot and sticky apartment at 8:30 p.m., I was really regretting that. I guess it's time to break down and turn on the air. I totally pride myself on low electric bills, so it pains me to turn on my heat or air. But I knew I'd be a much happier camper in a cool apartment, so I closed the windows and flipped on the air. I set it at 78--I didn't want to be too extravagant (and yes, that's my father in me!). The thermostat read 82. Forty-five minutes later, the thermostat still read 82. Not again!!! Last summer, my air broke down during the worst heat wave of the summer. Now, this won't be the worst heat wave of the summer, but it is the first heat wave of the summer, and it would be really nice to have working air. I'll have to call my landlord in the morning.

1 comment:

  1. bummer.
    when my air stopped working 2 summers ago, i got REALLY cranky!! it was down at work AND home in the same week! NOT GOOD!
    hopefully it will work again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...